Today we’ll go over the good and the bad aspects that you should know before buying Blossom sprinkler controller. All information that you’ll find here is based on helpful customer’s reviews and official Blossom website. Let’s begin.
What is a Blossom sprinkler controller?
Blossom is a smart sprinkler controller that self-programs watering schedules for you based on real-time weather data. It supports remote control operation via Wi-Fi. So you can easily control your sprinklers from anywhere using a Blossom app and an Internet connection.
The Good About Blossom Sprinkler Controller:
- Water savings: Blossom ensures that with smart watering controller you can lower your water bill up to 30%. Simply because Blossom sprinkler controller personalize your watering plan and sets water schedules based on real-time local weather.
- Complete control: download a Blossom app on your smartphone or tablet and enjoy 24/7 control over your yard’s watering schedule.
- For the great outdoors: majority of nowadays smart controllers are designed for indoor use only. This is where Blossom takes it further and offers the smart controller for both indoor and outdoor use. The controller meets an IP54 standard, so there is no need to worry about protecting it from dust or water. Basically, you can install the Blossom sprinkler controller anywhere you want and it’ll still be safe.
- Xona™ technology: Blossom creates a personalized watering solution for your yard. Self-programmed watering plan will be based on your sprinkler type, different vegetation, and natural exposure to the elements. You can have up to 12 different zones with a unique schedule for each of them.
- Painless installation: the Blossom sprinkler controller works with your current irrigation system. That means, no digging or new wiring is required. The whole installation process can be done in 15 minutes or less. At least, that’s what they say.
The Bad About Blossom Sprinkler Controller:
- Blossom app: doesn’t have live control ability. So if you want to turn off the sprinklers, then you’ll need to unplug the box. However, after recent update it started showing the time and length of the last watering cycle and when the next scheduled cycle will start. But again, it shows the general report and does not dive into per-zone details.
- Real-time weather update: get ready to have your lawn watered just before or after the rain. Yes, that happens a lot. And the moment you start cursing the Blossom controller, it will start conserving water when the temperature is over 90 degrees. You might need to start controlling your Blossom sprinkler controller manually to save your lawn from being brown and burned.
- Control issues: sometimes when you manually set time for watering, the Blossom sprinkler controller might slightly change it. Let’s say you’ve set the watering for 3 minutes, but it will actually be from 4 to 6 minutes.
- Wi-Fi connection: some Blossom units are having hard times to connect to the wi-fi that results in failing to water the lawn.
The Bottom Line:
As a lot of other smart products, Blossom sprinkler controller has its own flaws. They are not crucial, but there is definitely a lot of room for improvements. Blossom needs better software and they do get better with every update. However, updates are rare. It seems like buying the Blossom sprinkler controller is luck of the draw: for some customers it works just great and for some doesn’t. With all this taking into consideration, there is definitely a chance that your Blossom sprinkler controller won’t be the short straw.
Interested in smart home upgrades? Find more smart home solutions in Smart Products for Outside Your Home post.
Last update on 2022-12-05 at 00:09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API