The good news is that you can still protect your home while on a budget!
Here we have compiled a list of the best affordable smart locks out there that can provide you with the type of security you want. Such as keyless access, remote control, in-built alarm systems, and more.
It’s also worth mentioning that the prices of smart locks vary based on whether or not they include a deadbolt. Having a deadbolt gives you that extra layer of security for your home, as it ensures that your home can’t be easily broken into by just exerting excess force. If you’d like to see some of the best smart deadbolt systems for your home, check out our take on the Best Deadbolt Smart Lock 2019.
With that out of the way, let’s check out the best smart locks to include in your home without breaking the bank!
Skip to any part you prefer by using our navigation system below.
Oaks Smart Lock
The first budget-friendly option we’ll talk about today is the . It’s powered by Bluetooth, with the option of including the for remote access.
While this smart lock isn’t compatible with any voice assistants, it makes up for it with it’s sleek and efficient design, as well as it’s multiple entry options. Which include an access code, a fob, smartphone app E-key, and lastly a traditional key if you prefer.
You’ll also be able to view any activity such as when the door was locked or unlocked, as well as use it’s code generator algorithm to grant remote, fast and secure access to your home for your friends and family when paired with Oaks Acorn WiFi Bridge.
- Access Codes – Oak’s Smart Lock is pretty flexible when it comes to generating different types of codes. You can choose from permanent, temporary, cyclic, one-time and custom options. This means that when you are away, you can grant a one-time access code for your plumber or electrician, while for guests and friends you can give out cyclic codes.
- Auto-Lock Sensor – Feel secure in your home with Oak’s auto-lock sensor technology. This works by automatically locking the door when it senses it’s open, so you won’t have to worry about forgetting to lock the door when you’re rushing to work in the morning!
- Oaks Acorn WiFi Bridge – If you decide to include the Oaks Acorn WiFi Bridge you’ll be able to access the activity log to monitor the comings and goings of your home, as well as lock and unlock your door from absolutely anywhere via the app! This can come in handy when you need to let someone in without giving out any keys or access codes.
- No More Keys – You can forget about lost or misplaced keys with Oaks Smart Lock!
There are multiple ways you can grant secure access to your home, with your smart lock comes 2 fobs included which can provide permanent access to your friends or family members, with the option of purchasing more if you wish.
Not only that, but you can also grant keyless access by giving out E-keys from your smart lock app, as well as access codes, for a quick and seamless entry.
No products found.
Kwikset Convert Z-Wave Plus
Transform your existing deadbolt into a smart lock with the Kwikset Convert Z-Wave Plus.
This smart lock runs on Z-Wave Plus wireless technology, which allows you to control your smart lock from absolutely anywhere in the world. So now you can grant secure access to anyone, friend or family member by simply locking or unlocking the door via the app.
All you need is a supporting smart home system or hub (like SmartThings) as well as a smartphone to seamlessly lock and unlock the door quickly and efficiently.
Additionally, you can even enjoy entering a brightly lit and warm home by customizing your home upon unlocking with Home Connect!
- Receive Alerts – Know whenever your door is unlocked or locked by receiving notifications by email or text, keeping you informed about the comings and goings of your home wherever you are.
- Quick To Install – You’ll be glad to know that Kwikset Connect is both easy and quick to install, as it allows you to keep your existing deadbolt. All you need to do is replace only the interior of your existing deadbolt which can be done in minutes.
Kwikset is compatible with quite a few standard cylinder deadbolts which include Weiser, Baldwin, Schlage, which will also allow you to keep your existing keys for back up.
- Z-Wave Plus – Enjoy extended wireless range and over-the-air firmware updates with Z-Wave Plus technology.
Not only that, but Kwikset Connect combined with Home Connect transforms your existing deadbolt into a much smarter lock providing you with keyless access as well as enabling your lock to seamlessly connect with other devices via Z-Wave Plus.
So now you can disarm your alarm, turn on the lights and even the AC just by unlocking the door!
CANDY HOUSE Sesame Smart Lock
This simple yet chic Sesame Smart Lock will not only add color to your door with it’s 4 different options, but will also grant secure and keyless access into your home without the need for any keys.
Additionally, you can even use voice assistants such as Alexa, Siri, and Google to operate your door, as well as share access from the app, review access logs, and lock and unlock your door remotely with the use of a Wi-Fi Access Point.
- Auto-Lock & Unlock – Allow your smart lock to keep you safe with its automatic lock and unlock feature.
It works by sensing whenever the door is open by safely locking the door as you leave, and also unlocks when you arrive. Eliminating the need for any keys or even access codes for a quick entry.
- Share Access – Don’t worry about copying extra keys or even being on-site to let someone into your home with Sesame’s app control technology.
This allows you to easily add guests and family members from your app, letting them use their smartphones too to lock or unlock the door.
- History – Know who’s been locking and unlocking the door by checking your smart lock’s history from your smartphone, so you know when someone’s home or even if there is any suspicious activity you should be aware of.
- WiFi Access Point – By including a WiFi Access Point with your smart lock you can further enhance your smart lock’s security by taking advantage of additional features such as remote & voice control, smartphone alerts and the use of Sesame’s public API which allows you to create your own ways of operating your smart lock.
Schlage Z-Wave Connect
Create up to 30 different access codes with the Schlage Z-Wave Connect.
This means you can share secure access into your home for your family and friends without the need to give our keys or even being there to let them in, as Schlage comes with a resistive touchscreen where you can enter your personal access codes.
Schlage Connect also integrates with Alexa voice commands with the use of a hub (sold separately) so you can even enjoy hands-free control of your front door.
- Z-Wave – Schlage uses Z-Wave technology that lets you lock and unlock and even monitor your door remotely, as well as compatibility with other home monitoring systems while on the go.
- Grade 1 Certified – Enjoy full-on security with Schlage Connect. This keyless deadbolt is grade one certified providing you with the highest level of security at the main point of entry.
Also, Schlage comes with an in-built alarm sensor which will alerts if any activity is detected at your door.
You have the choice of three types of alerts, forced entry, activity, and tamper, keeping you aware of whatever is going outside your door.
- Alexa – Schlage easily integrates with Amazon Alexa with the use of a hub. So now you can lock and unlock the door using just simple voice commands, which can come in handy after an intense shopping session, or simply when you don’t have your smartphone on you.
- Keyless Access – Never worry again about lost or misplaced keys with Schlage Connect.
With the use of its touchscreen keypad, you can easily grant access to friends, family and even your dog walker by creating unique pin codes for anyone.
Additionally, Schlage’s smudge-proof touchscreen functionality ensures that a potential intruder won’t be able to guess the entry code to your home, giving you that extra peace of mind.
The cheapest smart lock on our list today is the Schlage Touch model.
This smart lock grant keyless access to your family and friends by generating access codes, so no more keys weighing you down during the morning run!
Additionally, you can also expect up to a 2 year-long battery life paired with a low battery icon when running low. So you can easily set up your new smart lock without needing to worry about it for quite some time.
While this particular model doesn’t come with remote or voice control capabilities, it’s still efficient and easy to operate while still remaining durable with its grade 2 rating.
- 19 Access Codes – Generate up to 19 access codes that you can after share amongst your family and friends for seamless and secure access into your home.
This eliminates the need to be at home when expecting someone, as well as the annoying moments when you can’t find your keys.
- Easy Set-Up – No wiring necessary with the Schlage Touch! It’s easy to install, and guaranteed to fit on most standard doors. Thus saving you time and energy when setting up your new smart doorbell.
- Touchscreen Security – Its keyless design will ensure that your smart lock is both tamper and bump proof, making sure that a potential intruder won’t be able to access your home by attempting to pick your lock, or even guessing your code since Schlage’s touchscreen is smudge-proof.
Additionally, Schlage Touch is grade 2 certified meaning that it’s stronger than the more common household smart lock, so you can expect reliable home security with this Schlage Touch.
Best Affordable Smart Lock — Our Thoughts
When you’re choosing the best budget smart lock for your home it’s important that the lock is still durable and smart enough to prevent potential break-ins and tampering.
The most budget-friendly smart lock on this list is the Schlage Touch. For its low price it’s still a pretty strong lock, coming with a grade two rating and satin nickel finish. The only thing it lacks in our opinion is the remote & voice control function which can come in very handy when you’re out and about.
All the other models seem to have this, but we feel that Schlage Z-Wave Connect is the superior one.
It’s grade one certified, integrates with Alexa, and even uses Z-Wave technology which is more reliable than a standard WiFi connection, and it allows you to connect even more smart home devices together.
For these reasons, we feel that the Schlage Z-Wave Connect is the best affordable option from our list.
Last update on 2023-12-11 at 09:13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API