Create your perfect day with a Smart Plug!
A high tech home doesn’t have to break the bank, as Smart Plugs are an easy and affordable way to upgrade ordinary appliances such as lights, thermostats, TV, sprinklers and more, into fully automated smart devices.
They plug directly into the wall, and have their own outlet in which you then plug in the device which you would like to operate, it’s that simple!
The benefit of owning a WiFi Smart Plug is the ability to control your devices even when you’re away. So that means you can turn on your porch lights and have the kettle on for your tea just as you’re commuting home from work, so you can arrive home to a warm, and cozy atmosphere after a long day.
Here we have compiled the best WiFi Smart Plugs for your home to choose from.
Feel free to use our navigation system to skip down to any part you prefer.
TP-Link Kasa Smart WiFi Plug Mini
Turn your electronics on and off from anywhere in the world with Kasa Smart WiFi Plug Mini.
Like the name already suggests, it’s compact size will make it easy to discreetly place around your home especially if you decide to purchase a few of them!
This WiFi-powered plug can also be operated using Alexa and Google Assistant voice controls, and you even have the power to create your own routines to suit your busy lifestyle via the scheduling feature in the Kasa app.
- Voice Control – Enjoy a hands-free experience with TP-Link Kasa Smart Plug!
Because it integrates with voice assistants such as Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Microsoft Cortana, you have the useful ability to operate your lights, thermostat and more without even having to lift a finger.
- Kasa Scenes – Create your ideal routine with Kasa’s scheduling function. For example, you can schedule the Smart Plug to automatically switch on and off when you’re away to give the illusion that someone’s home.
Or, you can enjoy a great start to your day by having your coffee maker brewing and your radio on before you even get out of your bed!
- WiFi – In order for your Smart Plug to function to its optimal capabilities, you’ll need to have a 2.4GHz network connection at home. Once that’s done, you can enjoy operating your now smart device not only at home but remotely too!
So you can have your heater on while you’re sitting in traffic, or turn on the porch lights as you’re arriving home, all via Kasa that’s compatible with an iOS and Android smartphone.
WeMo Mini WiFi Smart Plug
Another compact Smart Plug to keep an eye on is the WeMo Mini Smart Plug. Its portable size allows you to stack two Mini Smart Plugs in the same outlet, in order to connect even more smart devices.
Additionally, with WeMo you can take advantage of creating daily schedules, remote control, and even voice control, all from your WeMo app and Alexa, Google or Apple HomeKit enabled device.
- Control From Anywhere – With the aid of your 2.4GHz home network, you have the advantage of being able to control your gadgets from anywhere around the globe!
Using the WeMo app compatible with iOS and Android smart devices, you can seamlessly operate your lights, thermostat, coffee maker and more, from the comfort of your office.
So you have the ability to have your porch lights switched on and waiting for you, or even set the coffee maker on when you are expecting guests.
- Schedule Automatically – Never arrive at a dark home again with WeMo’s scheduling technology, which allows you to set specific times and routines for your smart devices to follow.
For example, you can set to have your home be lit-up every day at 6 pm when you arrive home from work or your coffee ready at 7 am.
- Randomize Lights – While traveling, use the ‘’Away’’ feature, which allows you to set your lights to a random mode. which means that they will turn on and off at random times giving the illusion that someone’s home, thus helping to prevent potential break-ins.
- Talk to Your Devices – Use Siri, Alexa or Google Assistant to control your devices using simple voice commands like “Alexa, turn on the lights,” or “Google, turn off the TV” from anywhere in the house, without having to even lift a finger!
AUKEY Wi-Fi Smart Plug
Next on our list is the budget-friendly .
This compact Mini plug comes with all the essential features of an efficient Smart Plug such as voice & remote control, as well as scheduling via the Aukey app.
This WiFi operated Plug will turn your ordinary devices into smart ones, and provide an efficient way to get all your devices working together.
- Access From Anywhere – Activate or Deactivate your smart home devices anywhere using this WiFi Smart Plug together with the Aukey Home app on your smartphone. No fancy subscriptions or hubs needed!
You can seamlessly heat up your home, or have the kettle boiling as your arriving home from a long day at work.
- Home Automation – Customize your own schedules or routines with the scheduling function!
When using the Aukey app, you have the ability to create routines for any part of the day to fit in with your busy lifestyle.
For example, simply by having your porch lights, AC and boiler on as you arrive home can make coming home after being away all day a lot more pleasant.
Additionally, you can also set your lights to sunset or sunrise timing, so your home is always well lit and cozy.
- Control With Your Voice – With your Aukey Smart Plug, you also have the ability to use simple voice commands to operate your lights, cameras, TV and more with Alexa and Google Assistant, as well as a smart speaker like Google Home or Echo Show.
This kind of efficient control can come in very handy when your hands are full, or even to impress your guests!
- Safe & Reliable – The Aukey Smart Plugs are designed with built-in safeguard protecting your appliances, as well as ensuring their smooth operation too.
No products found.
ConnectSense Smart Outlet 2
Turn your ordinary device into a smart one with ConnectSense WiFi Smart Outlet 2!
Not only that, but this Smart Plug also includes energy monitoring technology allowing you to keep an eye on power usage and save more money in the long term.
Additionally, you can also enjoy using Amazon Alexa voice commands for a hands-free experience, as well as have control over your appliances both at home and remotely too.
- Alexa – Use Alexa to operate your Smart Plug from any room in your home with the aid of voice commands.
You can say “Alexa, turn on the lights,” or “Alexa, turn on the fan”, for seamless control over your smart devices that don’t even require you to lift a finger!
ConnectSense also integrates with Apple HomeKit and Google Assistant for those of you prefer using Google Hub and Siri.
- Monitor Energy Usage – Control the power output of any appliances that are plugged into the Smart Outlet, and use the energy characteristics for automation with actions like dimming the lights when the TV switches on, or turning the AC off during the night.
- Scheduling & Remote Control – With the aid of a 2.4Hz home WiFi connection and the ConnectSense app on your smartphone, you can enjoy the power of controlling any plugged-in device remotely or even set schedules to suit your day.
So you could have your porch lights on to greet you home, or even set the fan to full power on a hot summer day, all done from your Android or iOS smart device from whatever location you are in.
Amazon Smart Plug
Another budget-friendly Smart Socket to consider is the .
As the name already suggests, this WiFi Plug only integrates with Alexa, so it can be ideal for Amazon Alexa fans out there.
Additionally, you have the perks of the scheduling feature, ‘’Away’’ lighting function, and more. Making this compact Smart Plug a handy addition to most Alexa-enabled households.
- Simple Set-Up – We all like gadgets that are easy and quick to set up, and luckily Amazon Smart Plug falls into this category.
All you need to do is plug in your Amazon Smart Plug and open the Alexa up to locate it. Then to operate you can simply say, ‘’Alexa, turn on the first plug’’ and you’re ready to go!
- WiFi Operated – Because the Smart Plug uses your Home WiFi network, you have the useful ability to use it both at home, and remotely too!
Meaning that you have the power to turn on or off your lights, fan, AC, coffee machine and more from anywhere around the globe.
- Set Helpful Routines – Via the Alexa app, you can create helpful routines for your Smart Plug, making your life that bit easier. An example of that would be, the ability to create a morning routine that switches on lights and your coffee maker with a single request would be a great start to your day, wouldn’t it?
- Voice Commands – As you already probably guessed, you also possess the very handy ability to use Alexa’s voice commands over your smart appliances.
So you can operate your lights, heater, TV, and much more without needing your smartphone or moving a muscle!
No products found.
Best WiFi Smart Plugs — Our Thoughts
It’s true that there are countless of effective and useful Smart Plugs on the market today, so you’ll need to narrow it down to the features you find more desirable.
For example, if you prefer using Apple HomeKit, then ConnectSense, and WeMo Mini WiFi Smart Plug are good options to go for.
Or if you already have a SmartThings hub in your home and prefer using Z-Wave and Zigbee wireless technology to control your smart devices, then you should take a look at Samsung SmartThings Smart Plug, it comes with all the perks of an efficient Smart Plug.
However, the best one in our opinion from this list is the WeMo Mini WiFi Smart Plug. Its compact size and excellent smart home integration make it a good choice for most smart homes.
Last update on 2023-05-24 at 19:56 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API