We welcome contributions and guest bloggers. By writing for Homejell, you can review a smart device to help others make the right choice, discuss products in your own unique way, and express your personal experiences. Surely, without losing the appropriate credits and acknowledgment.
First, we have to explain some guidelines:
Homejell focuses on home automation reviews. This includes and not limited to smart locks, doorbells, cameras, thermostats, hubs, bulbs, speakers, and kitchen appliances.
We’re also open to new niches and discoveries. If you have something to offer, please use our contact form.
To contribute, you need to write a guide or a review to the topics above. So, please pick your own article topic. You are best placed to choose the topic based on your own unique passions, experiences and area of professional expertise. We are unable to respond to email inquiries asking us to choose topics or to pre-qualify article ideas.
Some DOs and DON’Ts
- Write a 1000-word minimum original piece (Author bio not included). Articles must not have been published anywhere else, online or offline. This includes your personal blog.
- Write in your own voice: How would you explain your idea to a good friend? Use that conversational tone when you write.
- Include at least one photo. Your photo should be big enough (more than 680×340 px), well lit, and not stolen from other websites. If your article is a step-by-step instruction, one picture for every step is necessary.
- Come up with a title that grabs readers’ attention. Ask yourself: how will reading this article make someone’s life better? What problem does it solve?
- Keep your opening short, preferably less than 100 words (no one likes long intros). Does the first sentence make the reader want to continue?
- Source all claims and statements. If you mention a study, fact, statistic, make sure to link to the original source.
- You can place one link to your own website/profile page in the article. It’d be nice if you link to other articles on Homejell too! We feature a wide range of topics and have a large library of great content. How can your piece add to what’s already there?
- Avoid promotional information or promotional links or affiliate links in the post. As we charge for a sponsored guest post (for price info Contact Us or Email).
- Write an article specifically to promote a business, brand, or product.
- Submit an article written by content farms only to boost SEO.
- Link to a product. All links must point to articles or homepages.
How to Submit?
Please email your article, exactly per the below guide, to iryna (at) homejell.com
Send within the body of the email (not as attachments) in this order please:
- Title of your article
- Article text
- Your bio – 120 words or less
- Link for your website
- Links for your social media profiles
PHOTO: Plus please attach to your email your bio photo (high resolution, square, minimum size 250 x 250 px, jpg format).
The Small-Print Stuff:
Submit only one post at a time: We read every submission we receive but we are a small staff and can’t respond to every submission. If your post has been accepted, we will respond within 14 days. If your post has not run within two weeks of submission, we have passed. Feel free to submit a different post after 14 days.
By submitting to Homejell you acknowledge that you accept any form of editing the Homejell editorial team deems necessary.