Today, in this Honeywell Lyric thermostat review we’ll go over the good and the bad aspects that you should know before buying it. All information is briefly summarized and based on helpful customer’s reviews and an official Honeywell website. Let’s find out if buying Lyric thermostat is a good idea.
What is Honeywell Lyric thermostat?
The Honeywell Lyric thermostat is a programmable, Wi-Fi thermostat. You can control it manually or using a free Honeywell app. You can also set it to manage your comfort and savings automatically. The thermostat is a great smart solution for a smart home.
The good about Honeywell Lyric thermostat:
- Stay connected: control the Lyric thermostat from your smart device via a Honeywell app. No matter where the day takes you, stay connected and manage the thermostat remotely.
- Geofencing: the Honeywell thermostat automatically regulates temperature when you are not at home.
- Savings without sacrifice: the Lyric thermostat adjusts the temperature when you’re sleeping or when you’re gone. It reduces energy consumption without sacrificing your comfort.
- Fast installation & set-up: no power tools are required. All you need is a pencil, a screw driver, and an internet connection.
- Motion-sensing: whenever you come close to the Lyric thermostat, it will automatically display lights up. You can also set a range for the motion sensor.
- Fine Tune: is an automatically activated feature that will set the temperature based on humidity level at your home. Since 70 degrees with 10% humidity feels completely different than 70 degrees with 90% humidity, the Lyric thermostat will make sure 70 degrees at your home feels like 70 degrees.
- Shortcuts: the Honeywell app allows you to create shortcuts to any situation. With this feature, your comfortable temperature level is just the touch of a button away.
The bad about Honeywell Lyric thermostat:
- The proximity sensor: doesn’t really work. To the point that you almost have to put your finger on it in order to activate the motion sensor and get the display to light up.
- App lagging: sometimes it takes forever to make the thermostat respond to an app. You may change the temperature in an app, but it will take several minutes for the Lyric thermostat to actually change the temperature.
- Geofencing issues: you can go on vacation leaving your home alone, and the Lyric thermostat will be still working and cooling your house. This doesn’t really fit with the whole energy saving idea.
- Energy savings report: unfortunately, there is no actual data that can show you the energy efficiency of your Lyric thermostat. This smart device doesn’t provide any energy savings reports.
- Software updates: get ready to wake up at 50 Fahrenheit temperature. Honeywell updates thermostat software without your acknowledgment. It may result in unexpected resetting to the original factory settings. So, after waking up in the cold, you’ll need to reconfigure your Honeywell Lyric thermostat ASAP. And it would be good if it happens when you’re at home.
The bottom line:
Honeywell has a lot of great programmable thermostats and is a reliable brand but, not when it comes to Lyric thermostats. That is true, that Honeywell came up with a round design almost 60 years ago. The company is really proud of that achievement and stresses it out every single time you read about the Lyric thermostat. But to be honest, other than the innovative design, there is nothing else to be proud of. It is obvious that the majority of the features do not work correctly. The software requires a lot of fixing, and the thermostat itself it not ready to be sold. However, it does work great for some people.
Honeywell Lyric thermostat is compatible with Lutron Smart Bridge. Find more info about it in Smart Home Lighting Automation With the Lutron Smart Bridge Pro post.
Last update on 2022-12-05 at 08:20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API